St Brigid's Parish Community Association
The Parish Community Association has postponed all activities until after Easter and more likely beyond.
The Parish Community Association (PCA) aims to provide opportunities for leisure activities, friendship and contacts for adults of any age with free time to spend.
Here are some of the activities that we have developed over the past year. All of them take place in St Bride's Hall.
- Young At Heart - EVERY MONDAY AND THURSDAY gentle exercise for seniors.
- Tin Whistle Class (in association with Naomh Brid GAC) - EVERY TUESDAY
- Community Choir - EVERY TUESDAY
- Coffee and Poems - FIRST WEDNESDAY of the month:
- Short Book Club - THIRD WEDNESDAY of the month:
- Conversation Corner - FOURTH WEDNESDAY of the month:
- Conversational Irish (in association with Naomh Brid GAC) - EVERY THURSDAY
When we are able to resume we will introduce some new activities including:
Chair Yoga with Collette Gaffney an excellent way for older adults to loosen and stretch painful muscles, reduce stress, and improve circulation. It also reduces anxiety, helps lower blood pressure, protects joints, and builds strength and balance.- Wednesdays at 11.15am .
Scrabble Club first and third Tuesday of the month at 10.00am .
Gardening Club second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 10.00am.
Art Classes with Paul Walls on Friday at 10.00am split into two sections. Each section has a six week course and will meet every second Friday
For some of our activities we ask for contributions to cover the costs of our instructors.
We have a Google group where we connect with each other about whats happening. To join our list please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a sub-group of younger members who are willing to help any member who needs support with anything over the current troubling times. To avail of such assistance please email email@example.com or phone 07711353671.